August is almost here, and the days are seemingly getting Hotter! As our AC units struggle to keep up with the looming temperatures, many parents seem to struggle with getting their kids out of the house, enjoying their summer vacation. While many parents are ready to send their kids back to school, kids still have a few weeks left.
Getting out as a family not only gives kids lasting memories, but also helps break out of the mundane routines that we often times find ourselves in. That being said, we have researched some money-saving ideas that will bring you and your family together to enjoy the remaining summer days.
- Water Country USA– Sometimes, keeping cool during these hot summer days can be a bit of a challenge. However, taking your family to Water Country USA for the day is an easy way to relax and unwind while you float down the lazy river. Or, if relaxing by the pool isn’t your idea of fun, there are a variety of slides, rides, and thrills to be had throughout the park. And Great News! There is a Groupon for it!
- Take a quick trip– Take a trip to the Shenandoah’s and take in all of the beauty and scenery that you just won’t find here in Hampton Roads. There is plenty to do here, including camping, hiking, driving through Skyline Drive, and even Tubing through the river! What kid doesn’t love to sit back and relax on giant inner tubes, or play in the water? More of a thrill-seeker? They also have Zip-line Tours that you can do! Best of all, there is a Groupon for BOTH!!
- Dolphin Tours– Looking for something fun and different to enjoy with your family? There are several dolphin tours that you can partake in! This is an activity that is surely going to be remembered by your entire family! Plus, there is a couple of ways you can enjoy the tours. You can take a kayak tour, where you are guided into the Chesapeake Bay and experience the thrill of kayaking with Atlantic Bottle Nose Dolphins! Small boats not your thing? That’s ok! There are a couple of places who offer dolphin cruises, where you and your family board a boat and sail off to experience dolphins (and if you are lucky, whales!).
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt– Take your family on a self-led scavenger race that sends groups capering around town solving riddles and challenges. Guided by clues that are sent to your smartphone, you and your family will discover hidden gems and having fun. Make it interesting, and bring more people and compete against one another to see who can finish first!
- Make it a Game Day– From bowling to Trampoline Parks, there are many ways you and your family can spend the day. Have older kids? Try taking them to play Laser Tag or indoor karting and racing! Either way, these ideas are sure to entertain and bring the family together during the last weeks of summer.
Temperatures are only going to increase, so make sure that you and your family stays hydrated and safe. We hope that you continue to have a wonderful summer, and are able to get out to enjoy the warmer weather.
All the Best
The Braun Agency’s mission is to help you get from where you are to where you want to be financially by planning, achieving your plan and protecting your plan from unexpected events. In the process, our goal is to deliver insurance services in a manner that exceeds your expectations. See what The Braun Agency can do for you today. Give us a call at 757-452-4563 to speak with one of the licensed, professional members of our team or request a contact here. The Braun Agency. We’re on YOUR side. 757-INSURANCE.